- Schrems II – EU US Privacy Shield unwirksam. Datenübermittlung in die USA ohne geeignete Garantien rechtswidrig. Bußgelder und Betriebsschließungen drohen.
- Geschäftsgeheimnisgesetz – Unternehmen sollten Arbeitsverträge und Geheimhaltungsvereinbarungen überprüfen sowie geeignete Schutzmaßnahmen treffen.
- BGH folgt EuGH (Planet49): Voreingestelltes Ankreuzkästchen (Opt-Out) stellt keine rechtmäßige Einwilligung für den Einsatz von Werbe- und Tracking Cookies dar
- Corona Soforthilfe Geld ist unpfändbar
- „Coronarecht“ – SARS-CoV-2 und die rechtlichen Folgen
- Meine Tweets
Archiv der Kategorie: Department of Justice
In a recent Slate article, entitled “Ethics Trainings Are Even Dumber Than You Think”, author L.V. Anderson railed against what she termed box-checking training where companies put on training not to actually train employees but simply to check the box … Weiterlesen
Yesterday I began what I thought would be a two-part series on compliance training.However, or perhaps more accurately, as usual, I got carried away so I am now off on a multi-part series on how to design, implement and assess … Weiterlesen
The Department of Justice (DOJ) gave the global fight against anti-corruption a huge boost last week when it announced it was bringing charges against 14 members or persons associated with Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA). To say that the … Weiterlesen
Today we celebrate a closure for it was on this day in 1935 that probably the best-known baseball player in the history of the game, George Herman ‘Babe’ Ruth, retired. While many of his records were broken with the march … Weiterlesen
One of the things that I am questioned on is when to bring in outside counsel for a Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) investigation or simply to take a look at an issue that may have raised a Red Flag … Weiterlesen
I am attending the SCCE Utilities and Energy Conference in Houston this week. As usual, the SCCE has put on a great event for the compliance practitioner. This year there is live blogging by Kortney Nordum so there should be … Weiterlesen
On January 19 we celebrated the birth of one of America’s most iconic authors, Edgar Allen Poe, who was born on this day in Boston, Massachusetts. Anyone who reads or watches a mystery show on television owes a debt to … Weiterlesen
The role of Human Resources (HR) in anti-corruption programs, based upon the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) or UK Bribery Act, is often underestimated.
Recently the US law firm of Foley and Lardner LLP and MZM Legal, Advocates & Legal Consultants in India jointly released a white paper, entitled “Anti-Bribery and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Compliance Guide for U.S. Companies Doing Business in India”.